Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Visit

I visited an important friend today during lunch hour. Since he was going to be somewhere near my office, I thought to myself, "why not- for a few minutes the most"? After all, its not every day I have the chance to meet someone other than my lunch mates in between office hours.

As I travelled in the bus, I was recalling some of our previous conversations we had. I wondered about how he had been keeping up and the kind of conversation we would have when we meet. It didnt take long before I reached my destination. I alighted and as I entered through the main gate of his residence, I was greeted by an empty compound and wondered if I was in fact alone. There was not a single vehicle parked nor a soul in sight. As I walked towards the front door, I saw a sign that said only those who wish to see his Dad are allowed in.

Fearing an unnecessary intrusion, I walked around the house and saw another sign that directed me to his office in a smaller building beside the house. I wont deny it. My friend is indeed wealthy! What a great place to live, and not to mention, having his own basement office. I hurried excitedly to meet him. Outside his office door were 2 pairs of shoes. That moment, I knew he already had visitors.

My friend has a "no-footwear" policy in his office. That hadn't change since I last met him at his workplace. I wasnt sure if I wanted to interrupt his meeting, but after some deliberation, I took off my shoes and decided to go in.. at least to say "Hi".

I opened the door gently and peeked in. There in front of the room sat my friend with his guests. His looks hadn't changed one bit. There was silence as I tip-toed in. He looked at me, somewhat pleasantly surprised. After a few seconds, I returned the smile and said, "Hi Jesus. Here I am".


Neil
ps. no prizes for guessing what "the office" is...

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God has spoken to me through you. Thanks for responding to the Holy Spirit's call to share about your spiritual journey. It striked me! I personally like it with the fact that you put Jesus as your personal friend. Sometimes I fail to see Him that way but the Holy Spirit tells me from your story that Jesus is also my personal friend whom I can always rely on and who is very close to me.
God is good..All the time!

TGIF!!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

erm... i dun understand!!! muahahahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home