Friday, March 25, 2005

Holy Week

Holy Thurs or Maundy Thurs as some would call it, never fails to remind me of Jesus' ultimate humility in the washing of his disciples' feet. It is unimaginable for my parents to even wash, dry and kiss my feet! Yet, Jesus, who is the Son of GOD did just that without any hesitations or reservations. In John 13:1-15, we are told of Simon Peter's failure to understand this humbling act of the Messiah.

Reflecting on this passage by 'placing' myself in the Gospel scene, I asked myself what my reaction will be if I was one of the disciples seated at the table during that moment in time. Its certainly one of those lessons of Jesus' that are hard to comprehend. How can the Son of GOD lower Himself to the extend of washing of my feet? Perhaps I will offer to wash His feet instead when He comes to me with the basin; ie. subtly telling Jesus "No you cant wash my feet."

I wonder what Jesus will say to me. Having a part in Christ requires me to accept His message wholly and as it is. GOD never fails to surprise me.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I have the chance to meet someone important, someone I admire, someone I look up to in a rare occasion and be able to shake hands with him/her; I will take my time to wash my hands. Simply because it means a lot to me and I want to feel and be part of the moment.

If my feet are to be washed by my Lord!! I cannot imagine! Maybe I will not be able to sleep day and night just cannot believe what He has done to me. I am someone who does not like to bother people with my personal needs, let alone have someone to wash my feet.

Probably I may not even wash my feet for a while either.. Just cannot belive for what has happened. I will be wondering and wondering why me? But it is truly truly truly HUMBLE of HIM.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home