Monday, September 18, 2006

Checkin' In

Its been 3 odd months since my last post. My (spiritual) life made progress in some areas while occasionally slipping a few notches in other areas.

Some of the "High Experiences" came from attending Life in the Spirit Seminar, finding a community that prays in tongues, praying for a sick, witty and sacarstic friend as well as journeying with him through his illness, finding a more meaningful way to spend my time during the long journey to office each day by reciting the Rosary instead of getting frustrated with irrate commuters who assume that the trains they board have no fixed shape, seeing another batch of youths through their Sacrament of Confirmation, finding inspiration to begin my own cell ministry, being emotionally steady against increasing work loads at the office, relooking at opportunities of commencing my own company, maintaining good relationships with long-time friends and family both at home and overseas, good health, being invited to present a talk on the Eucharist to a Mayalam community etc.

Some of my life's "lows" were results of annual reservist, increasing work expectations in the office, getting annoyed with inconsiderate drivers on the roads, being occasionally indecisive in what I want to do for my career, discovering that I do not have luxury of time to do what I would consider as "ideal", being aggrieved with certain govt policies announced etc.

However in the midst of living my life with it's high experiences and lows, there is one person whom I know is constant in His love and mercy - God. I can behave like an excited child eager to burst into the open field of life but He doesnt take His watchful eyes off me. It is for this reason, that I find some moments of inner peace in my life daily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home