Monday, May 02, 2005

The Journey Begins


Youth Confirmants 2005 Posted by Hello

My heartfelt congratulations to the Sec 4 youth Confirmants of St Mary of the Angels Parish on receiving their Sacrament of Confirmation on Apr 30th 05. Ive had the priviledge of journeying with some of them in faith formation since they were 11 years of age and seeing them receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation from the ArchBishop brings me and their Catechists great joy. To these youths, may you continue to proclaim the Good News through your daily witnessing of God's love for you. Remember, receiving Confirmation marks the beginning of your Christian life as a mature person responsible for your relationship with our Heavenly Father. None of you would have patiently journeyed in faith all these years only to leave the Church, so Go! Proclaim the Good News! Be instruments of God's love and mercy, and place your trust in Him for God never fails to bless His children.

3 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He will never leave all of us alone, He has sent a helper to be with us. COME HOLY SPIRIT FALL AFRESH ON US, FILL US WITH YOUR POWER, STAISFY OUR NEEDS!

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neil, thank you for this space. I would like to add my thoughts on the confirmation. As i sat watching each confirmant coming up to be blessed by the archbishop, I prayed for each one, that each young woman and young man (yes, they are no longer children) is a bright light for Christ wherever he or she is place. May their hearts and minds be filled with the courage and strength and spirit of our Lord Jesus Christ, as they face the challenges of being a youth in the current age.

God bless each and every one and also to teachers.

Sarah

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing the young adults got confirmed last April really reminded me of the time I was confirmed last year.
At that time, I had the burning passion to serve the Lord as if we were at the peak of our faith. Zealous.
That led me to reflect as I completed my first year of me being a Christian
I realized that being baptized was certainly not a guarantee that our lives will be forever free of trials.
It is in fact more challenging. I have to face trials and view them from a different perspective. I have additional questions to ask myself every time things do not turn out the way I want. What God wants me to experience at this moment, what is He teaching me?
At times, difficult moments turned me to get closer in my relationship with Christ. I feel very guilty if I only go to Him whenever there is problem. I pray that I will never forget Him in good times and bad times. Isn’t it a blessing to have a Lord who is also a best friend to us? A Lord whom you can have deep relationship with, whom you can talk to anywhere, anytime. HE, who is so close to us and HE who knows us better than we do? We treasure the relationship because God has called us His own when we are not worthy at all.

For those of you who have just been confirmed, stay close with the community. It is difficult to go alone and we need support from each other to help us grow in faith. My prayers to all of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home