Monday, May 09, 2005

The Promise of the Holy Spirit


Then they saw what looked like tongues of fire which spread out and touched each person there. They were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to talk in other languages as the Spirit enabled them to speak. Posted by Hello

I remember the first time I was blessed with the gift of tongues. I was desiring for an experience of GOD that I never had. Through an Evangelization in the Spirit Seminar (E.I.S.S), I was prayed over and immediately I began praising GOD in a language I never understood. My tongue was rolling uncontrollably whenever the Spirit wills me to praise GOD. The gift of tongues is a beautiful gift but its not to be seen as the absolute gift. GOD certainly loves all His children equally with or without this gift! Everyone of us are given different gifts from our Heavenly Father.

In my own faith experience, the gift of Tongues opened the doors to other blessings from GOD to pour into my life which beared much fruit. Today, I dont apologize for proclaiming the Kingship of Jesus to strangers or even to the people in my office. GOD could speak to me more clearly in my heart than before. Living the faith through the Spirit has become more necessary for me and whatever I do, I cannot seem to take GOD out of my life's equation.

I will not attempt to define the Holy Spirit. However I will like to share a few Scripture references that are specially chosen by a Catholic website about the Holy Spirit being a Person, not a Force. Click comments to read more.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Blogger Neil said...

Nothing which you haven't heard or read before but it reinforces some of our appreciation towards the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26 - 'But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you'.

1 Cor 12:11 - 'All these are inspired by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills'.

Rom. 8:27 - 'And he who searches the hearts of men knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God'.

Acts 8:29 - 'And the Spirit said to Philip, `Go up and join this chariot'.

Eph 4:30 - 'And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption'.

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa man. Speaking in tongues... what an experience! Must've been neat. You aren't kidding us, right? Its cool. And oddly freaky at the same time. But hey, the Holy Spirit empowering itself in you! Man!

- Benedict

 

Post a Comment

<< Home